Sunday, April 11, 2010

Swagbucks- updated!

A while back I told you about Swagbucks. Swagbucks is a search engine that rewards you for searching the web. It gives you answers from Google and Ask.com, so they are actual answers. With your earned Swagbucks, you can redeem them for all sorts of rewards, such as gift cards. A $5 Amazon.com gift card is only 450 Swagbucks, which only took me about 2 weeks to earn. There are lots of prizes, and also lots of sweepstakes as well.

It's really easy to do, and doesn't take much, if any effort. However, now that Swagbucks has changed things around, there are some tips I should give you.
  • You get Swagbucks for joining. I think it's 30, but I could be wrong.
  • There are LOTS of codes that get posted, especially on their blog.
  • Download the toolbar. It's a simple toolbar, but you can also customize it to make it fancy. By having the toolbar, I earn anywhere from 1-3 Swagbucks a day. Plus, I search from the toolbar which then helps me earn more Swagbucks. Also, there is an "inbox" from TheSwagGuy which sometimes has a code, as well as a link to the Blog or Twitter, where codes are usually posted.
  • Every day you can earn Swagbucks by looking at the Special Offers. On their main page is a link for "Special Offers". On that page, there is a link for the "No Obligation" offers. If you click through those, at the end you will be rewarded. And, you can do that every day.
  • Instead of using your Favorites, search for the site you want to go to. Then, you have a better chance of winning!
  • Friday is Mega Swag Bucks Day. On Friday, the amounts rewards are higher. (Supposedly. I swear I earn less on Friday's!)
  • Become Swagbucks fan on Facebook. They will post special codes, or code alerts there.
  • Follow Swagbucks on Twitter. They will also tweet about codes, and have Twitter Trivia contests.
  • Download the Widget. It will alert you if there is a code out.

Now, honestly, it isn't a lot of work. You don't need the Widget....plus, I have it on this site! You don't have to have Facebook or Twitter either. If you have the toolbar, you can get to their Twitter page, as well as the blog. I would download the toolbar, and if you have Facebook, I would fan them. Otherwise, just search!

If you have any questions about Swagbucks, do ask! If not, go sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment